Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too lusted for one. Great pick up.

Comment

Pics of the parts I picked up today! It is a brand new (from Toyota) GT4 RC Bumper, grills, and reinforcements. I know it does nothing for performance, but I would like the car to look a little nicer, ha ha.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
      96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Cool, just googled it up, looks nice on the car.
        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

It's Painted! Going to wash/polish/wax the car today (it's dry out), then install it tomorrow (hopefully). Can't install the grills yet, but I can put the bumper on!

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Installed my RC Bumper, then decided to snap some pics! My White balance was off, but I still think the pictures turned out decent enough, lol. The bumper makes the rest of the car look like crap! Ha ha. Oh well, I will get the rest of the car painted sooner or later... it's still better than the original bumper!

Comment

Is that Japanese bumper? Or an option for the US cars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pp8eRgtIZ8

Comment

It was a bumper offered on all worldwide Air to Water intercooled Celicas. The US never got the air to water intercooler, so we never got the bumper or hood that went with it. Every other country did though, lol.

Comment

I can always accept weight if it is in the right areas (drivetrain, engine, suspension, or braking system). I'm fine with some weight if I never have to worry about anything that steers, propels, or stops the car breaking. Unfortunately, these days they put weight in stupid areas that is actually counter-productive to my intentions IE makes all of the aforementioned systems less reliable.
                  Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

I picked up a worn out FWD version for dd. What a piece of ****, oh well it's a 1400 car after all. The 5s-fe is all low end and just dies off at 4k rpm. I'm sure the turbo & AWD would feel 10x better. The altrac has good look too.

Comment

Originally posted by hai1206vn View Post
                      I picked up a worn out FWD version for dd. What a piece of ****, oh well it's a 1400 car after all. The 5s-fe is all low end and just dies off at 4k rpm. I'm sure the turbo & AWD would feel 10x better. The altrac has good look too.
                      Yeah, the AWD turbo cars are A LOT better than the base models, lol. However, using the lower end parts from a 5sfe makes for a nice stroker setup for the 3SGTE

Comment

wife had a '89 celica when i met her. lots of fun times in it. imho has the best climate control of any car we've had since. i'd keep it the way it is. summer track car, winter track car, winter commuter all in one.

Comment

I always liked the Altrac. I guess the weight is the reason it never made more of an impact.

Comment

Working...
                          X