New Car...sorry its a Ford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car...sorry its a Ford

Just thought I'd post up a few pics and details of my recent purchase.

Car is an 2010 year FG G6E Turbo Ford Falcon built in Australia.

Runs a turbo 4 litre in-line 6 developring 270kw or approx 362hp in std form.
    From factory they acheive a low 5 second 0 - 100klm time and low 13 second quarter. Once run in a little they seem to be capable of a high 12 sec quarter. Superior acceleration to the LS2 powered GM Holden cars available here in same class/size with superior fuel economy.

Uses a special Garrett 3576 turbo (48 trim)

Transmission is the much fabled ZF semi automatic 6 speed.

Its no sports car but rather a luxo cruiser with a bit of get up and go. Very easy to mod for more hp.

Few pics:

Last edited by juggernaut; 10-12-2010, 06:11 AM.

That appears to be about the same size as the Taurus. Is it the same chassis?

Why apologize for the badge? I would own a new Mustang GT in a heartbeat.

Comment

I'll forgive you this time only...

Andy... your not the only one that would own a new Mustang. Of course it would have to cost what my 240sx is worth for me to have any real fun with it.
      -Monty

Comment

Yup, that's the US Taurus. Same deal GM did with the Holden/GTO.
        Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

but we don't get this inline 6 turbo, right?

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

Comment

I hate fords management for allowing a solid axle to remain under such a fundamentally great car (mustang).

I've always liked mustangs, but they need to wuit living in the 60's with that rear suspension, they have IRS on the shelf from the ghosts of cobras past, so WTF gives

I like the falcon, That sounds like a sexy motor you got there,,, replace it immediately with a rb28dett FTMFW
            I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

That's a sweet car. But it's in no way a Taurus. The Falcon is RWD and the Taurus has always been FWD and only recently added AWD. The transverse V6 in the Taurus and the Longitudinal inline 6 and V8 in the Falcon are unrelated. The size is similar (Taurus 113" wheel base, 203" length; Falcon 112", 195"), but that's about where it ends. There's even a truck version of the Falcon.

Comment

Originally posted by cdlong View Post
                That's a sweet car. But it's in no way a Taurus. The Falcon is RWD and the Taurus has always been FWD and only recently added AWD. The transverse V6 in the Taurus and the Longitudinal inline 6 and V8 in the Falcon are unrelated. The size is similar (Taurus 113" wheel base, 203" length; Falcon 112", 195"), but that's about where it ends. There's even a truck version of the Falcon.
                They share sheetmetal, I didn't mean the chassis...lol
                Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Nice ride. I would not mind one of those at all.

Comment

Quite cool!

I too, would rock a new 5.0. I've always preferred the Ford V8 sound, and even the stock wheels with the sport package look cool. I'll take one in blue for a cruiser/DD.
                    ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                    ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Yes this is rear wheel drive runs an IRS.

Unlike the RB motors you don't have to rev hard to make power....1000hp at engine in under 6000rpm (see vid link below). The heads on these are rumoured to have superior flow compared to the RB's.

They also run variable cam timing on inlet and exhaust to make bulk torque early in the rev range. According to Ford figures, peak torque is made at 2000rpm compared to our local LS V8's in the GM Holden range which makes its peak at more than double those revs.

For the V8 fans Ford is just about to debut its supercharged 5.0 V8 in these Falcons in Australia as the old 5.4 was not a favourite amongst enthusiasts due to lack of power coupled with thirsty fuel consumption.

Some vids of what these turbo 6 engines are capable of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWCo3lDjH8

or this is what my local tuner has achieved...973rwhp anyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn5aNBUDjHo

Amazingly it is possible to machine out the standard exhaust exhaust housing and slot in a T04Z turbo for that stealth look.
                      Last edited by juggernaut; 10-12-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veilside180sx View Post
                        Yup, that's the US Taurus. Same deal GM did with the Holden/GTO.
                        If this is the Ford Taurus then the Falcon doesn't look anythng like it in the sheetmetal. Sheetmetal on doors is completely different. Also look at the distance between the back of the front wheel arch on the Taurus to the leading edge of the door - the Falcon is much longer here. Roofline is also different. The trailing edge on the rear door curves slightly around the wheel arch on the Taurus. The trailing edge on the rear door of the Falcon is straight.

http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2010-f...-33719730.html

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/taurus/gallery/photos/

The Taurus looks like a mid sized car - the Falcon is one of the larger cars here in Aus.
                        Last edited by juggernaut; 10-12-2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

@ Jug....read the whole thread before posting
                          I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Nice car. I was digging the previous generation Falcons while down in Austrlia about 6 yrs ago.
                            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
                            X