No announcement yet.

Cage Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, welds on that motoiq gusset plate are absolute garbage. A bunch of cold tack welds with a big stop hole in the middle of every one. Ugh... just freaking weld the thing...
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
      Btw, welds on that motoiq gusset plate are absolute garbage. A bunch of cold tack welds with a big stop hole in the middle of every one. Ugh... just freaking weld the thing...
      Yeah, they're pretty horrible. I almost didn't want to post that picture because of that, but I'm lazy and did feel like look for another one.
      98 240SX SCCA STUish

Comment

Prepped the car good this week, dropped the car off today.

Planned on having him do the cage welded to the floor, builder recommends at least boxes for the front for tighter fit.

ideal spot to terminate on rear strut tower?

Are gussets worth it, planned on A and B pillars?

Not really sure what the weight of the car will be, NASA weighs without fuel and driver. If I was under 2500lb I could go with 1.500” x 0.095” DOM
        Last edited by JRas; 09-05-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRas View Post
          Prepped the car good this week, dropped the car off today.

Planned on having him do the cage welded to the floor, builder recommends at least boxes for the front for tighter fit.

ideal spot to terminate on rear strut tower?

Are gussets worth it, planned on A and B pillars?

Not really sure what the weight of the car will be, NASA weighs without fuel and driver. If I was under 2500lb I could go with 1.500 x 0.095 DOM
          Boxes tying into the rocker panel for the A-pillars is a good idea.

Ideal spot to terminate is on the strut tower up high. You can create a box of sorts around the tower to make it so it's easy to cut the tube to fit and weld.

Gussets where exactly? If you're going to run an "FIA bar," probably overkill on the a-pillar.

S13 or S14? My S14 VQ35DE is 2470lbs with 1/3 tank of gas and no aero, lexan rear windows, etc. Gutted pretty well.

My old S13 KA24DE was 2420lbs with 3/4 tank of gas and no aero.
          Core4 Motorsports
          CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
          S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
            Boxes tying into the rocker panel for the A-pillars is a good idea.

Ideal spot to terminate is on the strut tower up high. You can create a box of sorts around the tower to make it so it's easy to cut the tube to fit and weld.

Gussets where exactly? If you're going to run an "FIA bar," probably overkill on the a-pillar.

S13 or S14? My S14 VQ35DE is 2470lbs with 1/3 tank of gas and no aero, lexan rear windows, etc. Gutted pretty well.

My old S13 KA24DE was 2420lbs with 3/4 tank of gas and no aero.
            Doing boxes in the front, and having the fabricator do the main hoop on the rear shelf (based on recommendations)

Gussets will be on A and B pillars

S14, 2420lb sounds nice and light to me

Comment

Working...
            X