Voodoo 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo 13

Stumbled across this while shopping around for some other parts, any thoughts?

http://voodoo13usa.com/shop/1995-199...san-240sx-s14/

Was thinking about pulling the trigger tomorrow, and not making an impulse buy at 11pm lol
    Could've swore I saw a SpeedHunters S13 feature article with these, can't find it now...

Edit: Extra dorifto points too
    Last edited by Dark horse; 08-04-2015, 12:10 AM.

Are you drifting? The bent tension rod doesn't make me super happy.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Besides the clever bent tension rods, I don't see the rest being all that attractive, they bring nothing new to the table for significant cost premium...
      http://responsetype.com/shop/

Comment

Nope, not drifting. Was just looking at them and thinking; hey, that's fairly inexpensive and they look okay...what's the worst that could happen?

Probably going to go with gk Tech, or an SPL bundle

http://www.240sxmotoring.com/spl-sus...ckage-s13-s14/

Comment

The tension rods are bent for more tire clearance, which can help if you run wide tire up front, even if you don't drift, lol. I know I come damn close to mine with 255's up front on my S14 (17x9 +22 wheels).

If you look around on the website, there is a new toe arm that isn't hex, but a machined block. It's made to keep clear of the subframe bushing mounting studs on pretty low cars.

Plus, everything is made in the USA which is nice

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
          96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Hadn't thought about that, I've got 17x9+15 (S14 as well) up front and don't remember them being close when I was checking for clearance. That was a long time ago though.

Those toe arms are for an S13, but that's kind of nifty.
            Edit: Actually, I wonder why they're S13 specific. IIRC the subframes bolt up in the same spots.

Still thinking about these, gktech, and SPL...
            Do you have the gktech arms on your S14?

Comment

The only difference between the rear toe arms are the spacers because the mounting area on the subframe is slightly wider on the S14. Not sure why they are not up on the website, I know they have them for the S14. I ordered the GKTech earlier this year, and when I FINALLY got them in, I wasn't really impressed to be honest. They look terrible and they are heavy. I am going with the Voodoo stuff now, and selling the GKTech arms.

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Ah, good to know, thanks man.

Well I'll make a choice between the Voodoo and SPL kits sometime later. Almost forgot my parts budget is spoken for at the moment.

Comment

No worries man, and I know how that goes! Ha ha

Comment

The gktech rlca kit is nice, or at least I like the design, I picked one up in the pre-buy.
                    http://responsetype.com/shop/

Comment

I have their arms and they are good quality and their service is top notch. plus, 'MERICA

Comment

Voodoo13 makes good stuff (have tension rods) and priced under spl,gk,and BV iirc.

Comment

The Voodoo13 tension rods are nice. Great quality from what I can tell and I have not come across any complaints from anyone.

A little while back I had sent them an email about the length specs for s13 vs s14 tension rods and they were very helpful and professional about answering my questions.

Just to add some info to this thread:

-The s13 version is shorter and the s14 version is longer- just something to keep in mind if one wanted to pull a little extra caster out of an s14s front suspension. I believe their length is the only difference between the s13 and s14 versions (maybe someone could confirm this?)

-These come with offset spacers and are highly recommended to ensure no binding occurs

- The curve is machined, not bent.

**Personally, I tend to look at some physical properties of parts like this and work out what kind of physical stresses can act on the part in the most extreme cases. Since these are tension rods, in the most extreme case the bend would "straighten out"- that is if the rest of the car would be able to take the tremendously powerful force that would be needed to do this haha... basically the car would need to weigh tons (or at least a lot more than an OEM car) and the tires and brakes would need to be able to stop this tank of a car on a dime so that that enough force could be transferred to the tension rods.

The Voodoo13 tension rods are a great product in my opinion, and they have the two mounting points for the FLCA (instead of the the one that some combo arms have), so they are superior in that matter too I suppose... I'd get the Voodoo13 front tension rods.

"A pessimist thinks the glass is half-empty, an optimist thinks the glass is half-full, an engineer says that glass is twice as big as it needs to be"
                          instagram:@cleantune ; Twitter: Cleantune@Cleantune2

Comment

Originally posted by cleantune View Post
                            -The s13 version is shorter and the s14 version is longer- just something to keep in mind if one wanted to pull a little extra caster out of an s14s front suspension. I believe their length is the only difference between the s13 and s14 versions (maybe someone could confirm this?)
                            The only difference between S13 and S14 arms are that the S14 arms are a little longer. So you're correct

Originally posted by cleantune View Post
                            -These come with offset spacers and are highly recommended to ensure no binding occurs
                            You can actually use equal spaced spacers with the Voodoo tension arms with no binding, but they are offset by design to allow more tire clearance.

Comment

Working...
                            X