GKTech roll center correction kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GKTech roll center correction kit

Many of you might have seen this already, but just fyi.

http://www.gktech.com/index.php/s13-...ion-batch.html

Interesting. I hope someone from the board buys a set when they are shipping and posts a review. I wouldn't mind more turning angle, though I don't know if my current front wheel/tire would rub with more angle.

Comment

I believe someone's complaint on here was that it adds a bit of weight whereas you're better off just buying the knuckles for 'proper' RC correction. It's probably a nice quick and dirty way for correction though.

Comment

I ordered the s13 version as soon as I found out they became available:

40mm of roll center correction
        40mm of bump steer correction
        up to 60deg of steering angle

They show as backordered on their site, but eta of late January when you place the order.

My justification is that they are on introductory sale, will be easily resellable, and are a bargain for both roll center and bump steer correction.

This is a "tide me over" purchase, and I will likely buy their full knuckle kit later - unless some type of double wishbone setup becomes available in the next few months.

I would have ordered the knuckle kit, but I'm not sure just which configuration I'll need, and can't justify the expenditure right now (due to holiday spending, etc).
        Last edited by Black R; 12-25-2013, 04:54 PM.
        1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
        1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
        2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

Seems like these would increase your scrub radius quite a bit..?

I am going back and forth between getting these or modifying GS arms for roll center correction.

Comment

Shipping is quite a killer...

perhaps some of us could order together to save $ on shipping a little?

Comment

What do you guys think about GKtechs new s14 lowercontrol arm in conjunction with the roll center correction piece?

Comment

I wonder if they used high misalignment sphericals on the outboard link... I'm also not crazy about the inner link not being adjustable in length.
                '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by K_style View Post
                  Shipping is quite a killer...

perhaps some of us could order together to save $ on shipping a little?
                  I tried to do that with a few of the spindles some of us on here got. They told me that the savings would be very small, so we never ended up doing it.

Comment

Enjuku will carry the pieces when they're open to the public. I wish I could have gotten the prebuy price. Based off enjukus pricing, itll still save about $30 vs buying through gk and having them shipped here.

Comment

Originally posted by fries View Post
                      Enjuku will carry the pieces when they're open to the public. I wish I could have gotten the prebuy price. Based off enjukus pricing, itll still save about $30 vs buying through gk and having them shipped here.

I hear ya there, but 30 bucks is chicken pennies....
                      'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
                      [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
                      [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Would you say is that louder over the stock fan or not ?
                        “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Comment

I got an email that these are finally shipping.

I'll post a review once I get them installed...
                          1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver

Comment

No review yet, but these arrived the other day:

Comment

So I've been eyeing these. Looks like the full spindles are no more due to cost overruns. I'm not thrilled about pushing the spindles out 25mm, that will probably require me to get overfenders. Too bad I missed the spindle boat.
                              ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                              ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Working...
                              X