No announcement yet.

GKTech roll center correction kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think you might be ok with just a roll center correcting FLCA?
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I might be okay, I have some spl tie rod ends too. Think of all the racecar cred points lost though!
      ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
      ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Interestingly, GK FLCAs come with spindles for 20mm roll center correction. RLCAs have 25mm correction. Seems like the front needs it more. Bah.
        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

You can't go too much before you ram the FLCA into the brake rotor unfortunately.

Comment

Are these out of stock again? I'm very interested.

Comment

These will add about 3-4.5 degrees of negative camber.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p...35#post5686835

Comment

So yet another question. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on buying some knuckles today. I am between getting gktech and pbm. I am on a budget with my build but I think I could justify spending the extra $250 on the gktech kit if they truly have significant gains over pbms.

Just so everyone knows I am talking about pbms cast drop knuckles. What are the weight differences and such? The pbm kit allows you to keep factory ackerman with rack spacers, and is significantly cheaper than gktechs. So what are everyones thoughts?

Also...for rear uprights, PBM's rear drop knuckles already come with sephericals but do weigh in only two pounds less then factory s13 ones. Would going z32 rear uprights with sephericals be a better buy given the weight savings? The cost for the rear would be almost identical. One you get RC correction, the other you get unsprung weight savings.

Thanks for the opinions.
                - '93 S13 (the long awaited fun machine)
                - '05 E46 (the S13 fund evaporator)

Comment

Well....if I'd read page two of this thread or actually attempted to purchase the gktech knuckles I would have realized they aren't even an option anymore. Excuse my lazily asked question.
                  - '93 S13 (the long awaited fun machine)
                  - '05 E46 (the S13 fund evaporator)

Comment

Anyone here order their new rear spindles?

Comment

Yes sir. They said 5 weeks to ship, but I was on the front spindle group buy too so I am not holding them to that one.

Comment

What's drawing you guys to the rear spindles? They give a ton of antisquat compared to stock if I remember correctly. Which drift guys usually like, but I don't think it does you any favors on a track.

Comment

The price, and the roll correction. Honestly, I don't know squat about, well, anti squat.... I ordered their fronts when they first came out, and I wanted the rears to finish of my suspension.

Should I be concerned?

Comment

My thought is that with the S14 subframe I have a little room to gain anti-squat and still be ahead of the curve from a stock S13. It gains sphericals, I'll be able to raise the rear suspension to level out arms and have an aesthetically pleasing drop, and hopefully it will feel more stable over washboarded asphalt. It also lets me keep the rear drum for the parking brake which was a plus.

Comment

I don't know if the changes are bad persay, but the rear roll center really doesn't drop very quickly on our cars when you lower it. Bump steer isn't that much of an issue as long as you get your other arms the right length, but on ANY setup it's going to take plotting it and adjusting to minimize it. I haven't gone to that level yet, I just plagarized the work others like JasonM did on stock geometry.

All stock Nissan uprights have the hole for the rear drum brake if you want to use that IIRC.

It changes a lot, and I'm not 100% clear on WHY they thought it was necessary to make those changes. I guess that's where my wariness comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post

All stock Nissan uprights have the hole for the rear drum brake if you want to use that IIRC.

It changes a lot, and I'm not 100% clear on WHY they thought it was necessary to make those changes. I guess that's where my wariness comes from.
                                My mention of the rear drum was just explaining why these drop knuckles over the others. The others don't have a smoothly functioning provision for a mechanical parking brake unless you use a caliper with it built in like the stock S chassis calipers.

I definitely understand your skepticism. I'll provide feedback next year and hopefully some from some local seasoned racers as well. If they don't cut the mustard so to speak, it's a simple change out to go to Z32s with sphericals.

Comment

Working...
                                X