S13/S14 Clutch pedal interchangeability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13/S14 Clutch pedal interchangeability

A friend is trying to collect parts for a 5-speed swap for her '98 Kouki. I've got an S13 clutch pedal but I don't know if they're interchangeable. ?
    Don Johnson (really!)
    Just so you know.

Never tried it but I wanted to mention looking at the over-center spring hole. It helps the pedal work if you fix the hole/turned slot where the spring pivots. The plastic is always gone and many times the pedal won't even return freely. Just weld the new slot up and make it narrow enough that the spring just fits. If the slot is wide, the spring slides up and down and makes the pedal jumpy at the transition from helping push down to helping pull up. There is a pic on here somewhere. I have fixed numerous pedals this way.

Comment

Thanks for the info. FYI, I fixed mine with a screen door spring. ;-)
      Don Johnson (really!)
      Just so you know.

Comment

I gots an S14 pedal assembly in the garage if you/she want it. buy me a case of beer and we're good.
        Originally posted by SoSideways
        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

You can use the S13 clutch pedal assembly, but you will need to make a spacer to fit between the pedal assembly and the firewall. IIRC it needs to be about 1" thick and will need three holes in the correct locations for the master cylinder and the two mounting studs to pass through. I'll see if I can find a pic if the one I made when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by djsilver View Post
            Thanks for the info. FYI, I fixed mine with a screen door spring. ;-)
            Sure you did. That only pulls one way so you are making the pedal stiffer than it needs to be. Hope you don't have a Competition Clutch clutch. Those things have the heaviest pedal I have ever had in anything. Logging trucks have easier pedals and it doesn't matter which clutch since all of their pressure plates are the same for an SR. I will never buy another one.

It is a ten minute fix once the pedal is out to do it right.

Comment

I used a tiny linear spring - adds maybe 1 lb to the clutch pedal pressure. I can't remember if I still have the original spring or not. I think I ditched it. But mine looked to be in there securely. It would just "wind up" in the initial slack pedal movement. It looked like it had been plastically deformed at its travel limit so it wasn't the proper shape to me, but it's been a while since I "fixed" mine.
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                I gots an S14 pedal assembly in the garage if you/she want it. buy me a case of beer and we're good.
                Well, I'll pay for it but you gotta go get it! PM me with how fancy of a case it's gonna be.
                Don Johnson (really!)
                Just so you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
                  You can use the S13 clutch pedal assembly, but you will need to make a spacer to fit between the pedal assembly and the firewall. IIRC it needs to be about 1" thick and will need three holes in the correct locations for the master cylinder and the two mounting studs to pass through. I'll see if I can find a pic if the one I made when I get home.
                  From when I did the swap on my old S14

1 1/4" long
                  1995 Fouki S14 - re-energized ka-t project!
                  1999 F150 - gas guzzler parts getter
                  1989 Toyota Pickup - mandatory Pomona abandoned-in-driveway vehicle
                  2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive hatch - "The only 40mpg econobox worth driving"

Comment

Working...
                  X