Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on overfenders on S14

Hey NRR,

What are your opinions on overfenders on S14?
    I like the way Chargespeed 50mm overfenders look.

I've "destroyed" my right QP about 7 month ago. But I finally found Kouki front end and someone to respray whole car so I am ready to do something about QP damage.

The only picture I have that shows the damage:

Edit: The reason I'm thinking of overfenders over just fixing existing QP is because I'm saving for LS1 in near future. Or possibly newer SR. As of right now, I have absolutely no need for more tire in the rear but I am thinking ahead I as I am definately ditching stock dual cam in near future.

a stock rear can fit a 275, i don't see the need to go overfenders really...it's just hacking up your car to do it. post a picture of the messed up quarter panel and i'll give my professional opinion on fixing it.

edit:if that picture is of the damage it looks easy to fix from the one angle i can see it. you can access most of the quarter panel from the inside of the car to push it out with pick's and pdr tools. worst comes to worse, any good body shop will be able to fix it easily.

Comment

Doesn't look that bad to me. I'd just leave it alone and worry about getting the engine in and running. If you need more than a 275 in the back once you get the engine in, then stick some fenders on it and go to 315s or something. but if you're on a budget build, cosmetics are secondary IMO.
      Originally posted by SoSideways
      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

It's definitely easily fixable, I will post some close up pictures when I get back to Texas on 9th.
        And I'm already pretty set on doing the bodywork in near future since I scored a good deal on kouki front end and the whole car has small imperfections here and there.

I want to have a mint 240 for the first time in my Nissan ownership history haha

Comment

Found some pictures on my phone that show QP damage little more.

Higher resolution
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rovch; 02-03-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

that's very easily fixable.

Comment

good body shop can fix that in an hour. (plus paint)
              Originally posted by SoSideways
              I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
              '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

They'll charge you for 6 hrs though...

Stud welder and a puller and 1-2 beers will fix that enough for some bondo and paint.
                '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Thank you for replies. Beers and bondo it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X