Noob subframe question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob subframe question

(s13 btw) My bad. Well anyway Ill remove superfluous defenses on how retarded I am.

To the point.

Got subframe ready to put back on. Its been sitting for a couple months with parts strewn out

I forgot the proper assignment and orientation of the two large conical metal spacers, and the slightly concave washers.

I assume both go on the rear and that the front brackets that attach to the unibody serve as the only mating surface for the front bushings. but if the conical spacers are designed to fit into the rear bushings (which they obviously do) the washers can only go one way, and thats between the nut and the spacer (nut, washer, spacer, bushing) Or they go on the front. Doesnt seem right either.

FSM diagram seems to omit these particular parts, courtesy parts diagram is also lacking ..instructionals and several videos lack definite reference because this should be childs play.
    Last edited by ZorRtwice; 05-07-2012, 05:27 AM.
    Time is the school in which we learn; Time is the fire in which we burn.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/images/s13/s13_431-1.gif

Does that help any?
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

nah.. I said the courtesy parts diagram wasnt helpful like the fsm. But maybe im missing something. i dont see any lines that go through the rear mounts.

I figured someone woulda done it enough times to remember.

But the diagram does seem to indicate nothing goes into the front bushings except that frame bracket. Which means ..process of elimination...the 4 pieces I have all fit into the rear. But I dunno which side they need the flatter washer pieces on. Looksl ike these urethane bushings have a smaller inner diameter than the old rubber ones. and the flatter washers barely barely fit. Which is the source of my confusion
      Last edited by ZorRtwice; 05-08-2012, 02:10 AM.
      Time is the school in which we learn; Time is the fire in which we burn.

Comment

Reading comp fail for me. Missed that part. However, the diagram shows 55475 and 56220b go on the bottom. Cup facing down. Unclear of what's on top.
        Originally posted by SoSideways
        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Do you have pictures?

But if they are what I'm thinking, I don't believe those things matter and I might have thrown those away....

Comment

Working...
          X