No announcement yet.

Replacement pillowball on spl tie rods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement pillowball on spl tie rods?

Both of mine have lots of play... worn out by now...

I am wondering what would I get as a replacement?

I have I think v3 if not v4, but definetely not the v5... they all look the same im not sure what they changed...

From what i could google there is a mention of a qa1 5/8" is that correct? And if yes where could i order it from?

http://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/c.../rod-ends.html

There's too many choices and I'm not sure which they are.
    Last edited by a_ahmed; 04-17-2012, 08:25 AM.
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Pretty sure he ships them with XMR10s. When I ordered rod ends direct from him 1.5years ago that's what the invoice said.

Summit has them for $21.95/ea.

I have 4 showing up today so I'll tell you if that's right or not haha.

Comment

Have you talked to kuah about this yet?
      -Monty

Comment

lol@e1_griego could timing

McCoy I will I guess, I was just hoping to buy direct myself but need to know what exactly. It would be cheaper for me locally than paying shipping/etc...
        "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

http://www.jegs.com/i/QA1/122/XMR10-12/10002/-1

These xmr10s look nothing like the spl ones :-/

Comment

Sorry, I thought you meant for the control arms.

Not sure on the tie rods.

Comment

that's a high misalignment rod end...

try one of these?
              http://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/c...oly-steel.html
              '89 RX-7 TurboII - SSM - Widebody - Ford 8.8 IRS - giant wing - Megasquirt3
              '89 Corolla SR5 - SMF - 4A-GE 20 Valve 6 speed swap - Megasquirt-2
              '01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD / Daily
              '81 BMW R65

Comment

Yeah I just search QA1 65 degrees and found that as well.

Just call Kuah and verify.

Sorry for the misinformation earlier -- that's what i get for glancing at thread titles.

Comment

I just ordered my spl control arms and i asked about replacement ends. Im thinking they said they were 25$.

Comment

PCYMR10T is what he uses. I got these in left hand and ordered his turnbuckles and walked into that great surprise. Why the hell are these turnbuckles RH/RH?? Argh!

*edit, unless that shank is like 3/4" or something odd, toss a mic on it I guess and check that first but the threads are 5/8-18 RH.

Comment

These don't need to be adjustable, since the factory tie rod can still be used for adjusting the toe. I wouldn't want R+L threads both adjusting toe at that point because the adjustment would be pretty coarse.

On mine, I just lock the rod end down with the jam nut and adjustby turning the inner tie rod, just like stock.
                      Originally posted by SoSideways
                      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

eh I guess I can see your point there. However it still doesn't change my dilemma of needing RH thread rod ends or a custom LH/RH turnbuckle to even screw these rod ends in.

Comment

Originally posted by stewart leask View Post
                          PCYMR10T is what he uses. I got these in left hand and ordered his turnbuckles and walked into that great surprise. Why the hell are these turnbuckles RH/RH?? Argh!

*edit, unless that shank is like 3/4" or something odd, toss a mic on it I guess and check that first but the threads are 5/8-18 RH.
                          Why would they not be RH thread? The toe is adjusted by the inner tie rod, just like stock.
                          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

to me it made no sense, in that application i'd prefer my turnbuckle do the work. to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by stewart leask View Post
                              to me it made no sense, in that application i'd prefer my turnbuckle do the work. to each his own.
                              But that way you have to loosen both jam nuts, and if they're threaded opposite to each other your total toe adjustment is EXTREMELY small (like will never work small unless you specifically start the inner tie rod at a point you've calculated gives you enough adjustment to hit your toe value).

Trust us, just using the inner tie rods like stock makes MUCH more sense and makes things way way easier.
                              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
                              X