No announcement yet.

Bad gaz? Or low factor of security?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, it's a little too lean. Now whether it's too hot due to the AFR's, timing, or plug; I have no idea.
    You said you run it up into the 7,000 range, I'm assuming SR?
    And I think it was a good move pulling some timing up top.
    I run BKR7's in my KA, and I would love to find readily available 8's and switch to them. That's just my preference.

Maybe get an EGT gauge and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Epstein View Post
      I saw everything I needed to know in the first post. 370cc injectors vs gt2871r on 0.9bar. Even on a bone stock SR20 with low timing, that's more than 370cc will cover. Your injectors are static without a doubt, and even if the wideband says 12.0-12.5 up top, that's the average of all 4 cylinders. A slightly dirty injector on #4 and it could be a lot leaner than that. Dialing back the timing isn't going to do anything if you're way lean.
      Good point. I guess I better stop procrastinating and install my injectors and correct the K value.

My Blog

My Racing video's

Comment

Update!

I have been burning oil(or losing) recently so I decided to check my engine cylinder pressures. No1 crusty with carbon deposits but 150 psi, second some sot and 150 psi, No3 clean and 150 psi and last one No 4 is marked(at least 4 sparkplug tip shape marks!!!! and 120psi...

Well the damage is now showing. Cylinder 4 is at 120 psi. I don't know if its recent... since I posted this pretty much 1 year ago. Did the little ceramic thing survive in my cylinder for 2 track days and multiple track nights+ daily driving?

My guess was the piston rings can't seal anymore because the wall is scrapped by the ceramic bits. I then proceded in adding a little bit of oil and the compression did climb to 125psi but the oil only covered 1/4 of the cylinder from what I can see(ever so slightly banked driveway).

What I will probably do is put the vacuum on my cylinder at TDC and try to make 99% sure that there isn't anything left in there and drive like that till I can build another engine.

I would like some input on marked heads. Are they are reusable? Obviously if the valve seat are ok.

Edit: Curious read on ARP head studs..http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index....ic=6068.0;wap2
        Last edited by WorkInProgressK; 05-15-2012, 08:05 PM.

My Blog

My Racing video's

Comment

That thread was a waste. I want my 10min on the crapper back. The good news is we now know we can use vw studs in an sr and they're cheaper..
          Originally posted by SoSideways
          I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
          '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
          '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Story sounds oddly familar... I think you will find something like what I found if you pulled the head .

http://nissanroadracing.com/showthre...onation+sr20de
            -Monty

Comment

Working...
            X