Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

-6 Lines on an Oil Cooler/Relocation Kit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -6 Lines on an Oil Cooler/Relocation Kit?

So I have a B&M Oil cooler from a previous project, as well as an oil filter relocation kit and some braided -6 lines.

Do you guys think these lines are large enough to use with the cooler/relocation kit, or should I try to go larger? A friend of mine who is a Mopar guy said that he'd never go that small, so I'm unsure. I think I've seen "kits" sold on the forums this size before, but I wanted to have the discussion.
    In Zipties We Trust....

Way too small.

-8 is the smallest I'd go. I had some extra -8 hose around, but still made mine out of -10. No point in potentially starving your motor of oil when it needs it most(high RPM).
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

6an is to small, 8an is the minimum, 10an is the norm

there are one or two 8an kits on the market but not many, all the branded kits are usualy 10an such as HKS, Greddy etc

Comment

+1 an10. i used the tomei engine block adapter thingy, but i noticed there are some copies now which look nice and are cheaper (low 100's).

Comment

I went with the Tomei block and -10AN lines everywhere. I did some research and talked to the nice folks at BMRS, and all signs pointed to -10AN being the best choice. The BMRS guy recommended running -12AN lines for VeeAtes, FWIW.

If I had it to do again, I would've drilled out the holes in the block when the motor was being built, and welded in -10AN male or Wiggins fittings. This would've resulted in a cleaner installation with fewer leak points, and would probably have been cheaper to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fass240us View Post
            If I had it to do again, I would've drilled out the holes in the block when the motor was being built, and welded in -10AN male or Wiggins fittings. This would've resulted in a cleaner installation with fewer leak points, and would probably have been cheaper to boot.
            Good idea, one could just tap the block where the filter adapter bolts on and use an M16 to AN10 or similar fitting, will take up a lot less room

Comment

[QUOTE=2Fass240us;39095
              If I had it to do again, I would've drilled out the holes in the block when the motor was being built, and welded in -10AN male or Wiggins fittings. This would've resulted in a cleaner installation with fewer leak points, and would probably have been cheaper to boot.[/QUOTE]

You betcha...If I had to do it all over again that's exactly what I'd be doing.
              'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
              [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
              [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
              X