No announcement yet.

Air Bag Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust me when I say, an airbag lamp on doesn't mean the passenger side won't go off hehe. I ate a faceful with one of our field car Sentra's. Woops!
    'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
    [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
    [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

thanks for the pic. i always thought the system was disabled if the light was flashing too. just from what i've read on the interwebz.. haven't been lucky enough to experience it first hand

Comment

Alright well fair enough then. I have the blinky light in my miata, time to pull all the airbag modules

Comment

Originally posted by gawdzilla View Post
          thanks for the pic. i always thought the system was disabled if the light was flashing too. just from what i've read on the interwebz.. haven't been lucky enough to experience it first hand
          Yup, we all felt the same way. We were bombing around the woods with a b13 and all of a sudden we nosed the thing into an embankment and the bag blew off in my face. I was wearing a dirtbike helmet but still couldnt' breath from all of the dust that came out...talk about crappy!
          'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
          [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
          [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Solo_S14 View Post
            Why would I have a hole in my dash?
            The air bag doesn't support the dash itself.

Good place for my ECU.
            I forgot about that. I took the cover plate out of my car when I was doing the dash cause it weights about 11,000,000 lbs. replaced with alu sheet.
            Originally posted by SoSideways
            I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
            '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Sexy!
              What makes up all the weight? Is there a steel insert or something?
              In Zipties We Trust....

Comment

Yeah.. the cover is a steel plate with about 14 little screws holding it to another steel plate. all of that screws to the dash (and maybe airbag- I forget now) and is covered in padded vinyl.

It was about 2-3lbs total when I pulled it off. the alu is about 2-3 ounces.
                '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Hardcore...lol
                  In Zipties We Trust....

Comment

Yeah, well when the rest of the dash looks like this underneath....
                    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Working...
                    X