No announcement yet.

New S14 bumpsteer graphs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone calculated the motion ratios for the S14 yet? Curious.....

Comment

It's close enough to 1 on both the front and rear

Comment

i agree on the motion ratio, its practically 1 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by Epstein View Post
          -The 12.25/8.50 plot is vertical through 0 height and toes in under compression.

Noticing the trend here? The stock arm lengths are 12.00/8.25. When making adjustments to the ruca, adding the same length to traction arm should keep the bumpsteer graph the same.
          well this certainly disproves the ziptied "shorter traction rod theory"

Comment

X2 on the eccentric bolt positions. I have mine full inboard to give slightly longer arm lengths. I think I was sitting at 12.625" on the ruca and 8.5" on the traction arm. I'll see how it feels compared to 12.625 and 8.0". Probably
            better...
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Since you're using adjustable arm lengths, would it be beneficial to use those bolts to raise/lower the internal pivot point?

Comment

Originally posted by jmauld View Post
                Since you're using adjustable arm lengths, would it be beneficial to use those bolts to raise/lower the internal pivot point?
                OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Didn't even think about that.

Clever lad!!
                http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

Good concept, but I'm not sure that amount of adjustment would really help?
                  In Zipties We Trust....

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                    X2 on the eccentric bolt positions. I have mine full inboard to give slightly longer arm lengths. I think I was sitting at 12.625" on the ruca and 8.5" on the traction arm. I'll see how it feels compared to 12.625 and 8.0". Probably
                    better...
                    i did what you are suggesting and it was not ideal -- what i am doing now is this:

8.5" traction rod
                    12.25" RUCA -- adjusting camber with eccentric
                    toe rod eccentric moved to make the toe rod as *Short* as possible, then toe is adjusted with the rod length

Comment

Geoff, care to post up your ride height once you try out the specs in the OP?
                      I'll be doing a final adjustment the next time I get back at the car, then it's back on the ground for me.

Here are my heights for reference.

In Zipties We Trust....

Comment

topic aside, your car looks great!
                        'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
                        [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
                        [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

yes once i have everything where i want it, ill plot the bumpsteer and be sure to share it with everyone here

Comment

Originally posted by Full-Race Geoff View Post
                            i did what you are suggesting and it was not ideal -- what i am doing now is this:

8.5" traction rod
                            12.25" RUCA -- adjusting camber with eccentric
                            toe rod eccentric moved to make the toe rod as *Short* as possible, then toe is adjusted with the rod length
                            Any particular reason why it didn't work out well? About to realign my car so I might change it up.
                            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Mine are at about 12 1/8" and 8.5" right now, just because they were close to these settings without adjustment. I'd like to see his data and compare it to the OP's to see how these lengths compare.
                              In Zipties We Trust....

Comment

Don't forget that where your ride height is set (and the subsequent 0 height) will affect your graph. The overall shape should be the same, though.

As far as the ziptied shorter traction arm theory, I really don't think bumpsteer has anything to do with it. With a short traction arm, the spindle rolls forward a lot quicker than with a longer one. That tells me that anti-squat is being changed. I really doubt the drift guys have bumpsteer issues anyways, considering the fact that they don't have any compliance to begin with. That's one way to solve bumpsteer.... don't have any bump.
                                She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

Working...
                                X