Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Largest size race wheels and tires for S13.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest size race wheels and tires for S13.

With the addition on the new high LS I am in the need for way more tire. I have currently been running 17x8 mustang GT and Cobra Wheels with a 245/45 17 BFG Tire. I need more tire. What is the biggest size that you guys are running and not hitting the suspension. I am already running 1/2" spacers on the front to clear my coil overs with -3 degree of camber. I am already rolling fenders so that is no problem. I may need to go ahead and start looking into over fenders and I am not against that. Car is right at 430 hp to the wheels in NASA ST2 and 500 in NASA ST1 trim.
    91' S13 Endurance Racecar
    Sponsored by Pallets and Crates LLC Gainesville Ga
    04' Chevrolet 3500 Tow Vehicle, 02' Dodge Ram 1500 Truck, 87' Toyota 4 Runner "Top Less",
    15' Toyota 4Runner, 07' Honda Fit

I'm currently running 17x10.5 +27 mustang rep wheels at all 4 corners on my car with 275/30/17 A7's. I had to cut up my front fenders pretty extensively for clearance. I also pulled the hell out of my rear quarters, getting the infamous dent above the wheel arch (I wanted the grip more than i cared about the looks). However, I am planning on getting proper overfenders for the front and do already have rear overfenders. I just need to man up and cut my quarters already, once I purchase the next wheel and tire setup of course.

edit: this is on a s13 coupe

Comment

I am also in a coupe. I have rolled my fenders about as much as possible also but probably need to start looking into over fenders. What brand and width fenders are you running? Also how much WHP are you running with the 275 tires? Just looking for a reference.
      04' Chevrolet 3500 Tow Vehicle, 02' Dodge Ram 1500 Truck, 87' Toyota 4 Runner "Top Less",

Comment

I haven't put the rear overfenders on yet since i got the 275's to fit under the stock metal. I bought fenders used and believe they are origin 50mm or so. Just had the car tuned last monday and its making 400/400 now. My first event with the new engine and clutch is July 11 and i'll be using the same tires i was on last year. I would like to get Origin fenders for the front as well, sucks not knowing a reference point anymore.

Comment

awesome thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X