S13 subframe rear camber setting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 subframe rear camber setting

I've been doing a lot of thinking about some of the topics that I THOUGHT were fairly well worked out in the early days of this forum and my current internal debate is regarding the rear camber setting for a s13 rear subframe. I've been experimenting with less and less camber, currently down to 0.5*, due to a lot of the information from all the knuckle options out there today. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to get tire temps at my last trackday as I got a little over optimistic into turn 1 and ruined my track tires. I've seen all kinds of numbers out there, from 0 to -3* that others are running, but I'm looking from actual experience from the type of person who takes tire temps from the outside, middle, and inside of the tire... HAHA! I've been away from the forums for a while so I'm not really sure what the consensus is anymore and I'd like to tinker with the alignment before my next event. Overall the balance of my car is pretty damn good, but the rear is a little "vague" at the limit and I'm thinking fine tuning the camber might help that without sacrificing much mid-corner rotation.
    function > form
    1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Well, now that I've found the alignment forum, I think i'll be ok... Haven't been on much since the switch to the new format...

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

function > form
    1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

I have an S14, but just for a data point, I'm at -1.4-1.5 in the rear. On the heavier loaded side at my home track the temp spread was about ~15 degree from outer to inner (hotter on inner). This is with OEM upright pivot points, raised subframe and all adjustable links.

Extending the RUCA to achieve very low camber numbers will affect your toe curve through the suspension travel. So with that said, the vagueness you feel could be a toe issue, not camber. You ever check your bump steer back there? You could be getting some steer back there that's throwing off your feel for what's going on.
      Core4 Motorsports
      CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
      S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Working...
      X